200 & 100 HOUR TEACHER Certification
Unlock your personal power
and become a force for
Qigong is the fastest growing spiritual path. We are a long established school with very experienced teachers, a proven syllabus and a track record of producing successful teachers in the international Qigong community.
- We will provide you with the tools to heal yourself, elevate yourself and eventually master your self so that you will be successful in whatever path you choose.
- We will develop you as a pillar of strength who others can lean on, a shining example who inspires others to follow them.
- We want to make you a leading teacher in your field who students will seek out.
- We will teach you the truth about being a teacher, the things that only really experienced teachers know about, because we want you to succeed. Learn how to be a truly world class teacher, separating yourself from the competition and creating a demand for your classes. This training can be used in other areas of teaching too (yoga, meditation or marital arts).
- We want you to go out and make a difference in the world. If your life path is to help people by teaching them Qigong, we are set up to help and support you along the way.
- Our teachers did not learn from Youtube! Master Iain trained with some of the world’s best: Chinese Masters from China, Singapore and Malaysia. Moreover, he still practises regularly, even after 41 years. Reading books, watching videos and attending lectures will never replace experience. These are necessary start points but it is a lifetime of practise which defines a genuine Master. Refuse to accept anything less.
- We teach a broad and balanced Qigong program centred on some of the most effective systems. This is real undiluted Qigong that is rare to find elsewhere and has a clearly documented lineage.
- We don’t just teach you how to do Qigong, we also teach the theory, psychology and practice of teaching. This is a genuine teaching course.
- We have one of the best, most beautiful locations: take a look!
Qigong Instructor Level 1
- Basic Qigong teacher certification. Issued after 100 hours of intensive training. Focussing on the core exercises, how to teach them and how to best lead and inspire your students.
Qigong Instructor Level 2
- Full 200 hour teacher training certification which builds upon the level 1 course and includes much more theoretical background as well as coaching on how to manipulate your own chi and put it to use, for example to heal yourself and others. This is a much deeper course and provides the 200 hour qualification that many employers now require.
What you will learn
- Tong Ling (clearing and circulating) Qigong. Soft Qigong for health.
- Bodhidharma’s vein tendon Qigong. Hard Qigong for facia and joint health.
- Sum Chien. Martial Qigong.
- Shuang Yang Pei Ho. The Sun Frost White Crane internal art.
- Full moon Qigong practice.
- Abdominal breathing techniques.
- Qigong facial massage.
- Qigong theory: vessels, meridians, points, circulations.
- Sensing Chi.
- Theory and practice of teaching including leadership, communication and class organisation skills.
- How each of the Tong Ling Qigong exercises affects the different meridians.
- Additional Qigong exercises for each specific meridian.
- Exercises to stimulate/fill each tan tien.
- Exercises for the belt channel: Dai Mei.
- Yin-yang theory, 5 elements theory and their application to Qigong practise.
- Shifting where your Chi is concentrated so as to alter your emotional state and body chemistry.
- Balancing the elements by facing the 4 cardinal directions.
- Further developing the microcosmic orbit.
- Therapeutic applications of Qigong.
- Nei Gung exercises for the internal organs.
- Strengthening and expanding the aura of Chi around your body.
- Tan tiens, vessels, meridians, points: more in depth study.
- Key philosophies associated with Qigong: Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.
- Common mistakes, important points to maintain.
- Extended facial massage stimulating more points.
- Qigong history.
- Qigong and the environment, links between Qigong and Feng Shui.
- Sensing the Chi of plants, animals and people.
- Projecting Chi.
- Healing with Chi.
How you will learn
|6:00 AM – 9:15 AM||
|11:00 AM – 1:00 PM||
|3:30 PM – 4:30 PM||
|4:30 AM – 6:00 PM||
Wednesdays and Saturdays are rest days for relaxation and perhaps some self study and meditation
Excursions and activities
Level 1 course
Weather permitting, on one Friday morning we will go to the mountain viewpoint above San Ti Chon Chinese Village for our lesson and soak up the views, the fresh mountain air and the Chinese vibe.
Depending on demand, we might also arrange a day trip to explore the beauty of our local area.
Level 2 course
As part of our learning about Chi and the environment we will make a trip to practise our Qigong on a mountaintop and in a cave. We will also practise sensing the Chi of trees, plants and animals.
Depending on demand, we might also arrange a day trip to explore the beauty of our local area.
Specialised teacher training sessions will be led by:
Master Iain Armstrong
- Author of ‘Get Your Health Back FAST With Chinese Qigong’.
- Post graduate degree in education from University of London.
- Two times world Kung Fu Champion.
- Began practising in 1981 and has studied in Singapore, China, Malaysia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Internationally acclaimed teacher with students on all major continents. Founder and Chief Instructor of the Kung Fu Retreat.
Try taking a free lesson with Master Iain:
- Certified Qigong instructor with both Nam Yang and the German Chi Kung Association.
- Trained Qigong and Kung Fu since 2009. Completed a 4 year teaching degree.
- Founder and Chief Instructor of Nam Yang’s Berlin branch.
Meet Christian here:
Are Saying About THIS COURSE
“What I achieved during my stay was exactly what I wanted. I think of my time here as a life investment. I have become both physically and mentally stronger.”
“All in all I got everything I wanted from it and a lot more in the sense that I found it really helped me calm my mind and focus on what’s important, Master Iain’s tea break talks were particularly interesting and thought provoking for me!”
“I learned what a powerful impact breathing has on your body and mind – I was quite surprised to notice my ability to focus and concentrate significantly improved, as did my memory.”
“It was one of my best lifestyle experiences so far. The lessons were intense, diverse, fun, challenging, sometimes mentally tough but so rewarding making progress each minute of the training. Master Iain has build something special over there and he is indeed a true Master. His wisdom and knowledge being shared over there is just fantastic.”
“I found the Chi Gong classes very good in the study of the energy inside my body, which keeps me focused, stronger internally & in control of my life.”
Amy Clare B
“Interesting to get into the Chinese culture of ancestral arts, for wellness, concentration, relaxation and deep feeling of been in a great place in the mountains of Pai, north west of Thailand.
I have discovered a wonderful way of living, learning skills that bring calm and happiness.”
NOTE: THIS COURSE SELLS OUT FAST.
SPACES ARE LIMITED AND AVILABLE ON A FIRST BOOKED – FIRST SERVED BASIS.
2023 course dates
2024 course dates
Paying for an Instructor course does not guarantee passing the course or receiving a teachers certificate. Read the FAQ (bottom of this page) to learn what you will need to do to pass
Level 1 course only:
Which course should you choose: 100 hour or 200 hour?
If you need a 200 hour qualification for the purpose of employment or self employment then the choice is obvious.
The 100 hour course focuses heavily on teaching and, having completed it, you will be ready to teach 2 different systems of Qigong.
The 200 hour course delivers much more depth on the subject of Qigong, covers a lot more theory and exercises and allows for a much greater depth of practise.
If you want to learn as much about Qigong as you can and not be rushed choose the 200 hour course.
READY TO BUY NOW IN ORDER TO SECURE YOUR PLACE?
Click the BOOK NOW button to secure your place today. Otherwise, please scroll down and fill out our enquiry form and we will be in touch.
Want to speak to us first? Enquire now!
100 & 200 HOUR QIGONG TEACHER TRAINING
Spaces are limited. If you are interested in attending this course and earning your Qigong teacher training certification but want to speak to us first, please fill out this form to register your interest. We will get back to you with full details in the next 24 hours.
Can I take only the level 2 course?
Yes, if you have completed the level 1 course already. Please inquire directly with us email@example.com.
Who is this course intended for? What are the entry requirements?
People with a strong desire to become a teacher, leader and role model but who perhaps lack the time and the money to complete a longer course.
It is open to those with no prior experience.
Character values are important. If you are rude, disrespectful, lazy or similar this is not the right course for you!
What qualification does this lead to?
Successful completion of the Level 1 course will issue you a Basic Qigong teacher certificate covering 100 hours of intensive training. Focussing on the core exercises, how to teach them and how to best lead and inspire your students.
Successful completion of the Level 2 course will gain you a 200 Hour Teacher Training Certificate which builds upon the level 1 course and includes much more theoretical background as well as coaching on how to manipulate your own chi and put it to use, for example to heal yourself and others. This is a much deeper course and provides the 200 hour qualification that many employers now require.
What will be my future progression?
Successfully completing the Level 1 course gives you the opportunity to take on the Level 2 course. After the Level 2 course, if desired, you could apply for our Kung Fu Instructor training. This is not compulsory, though. We will do our best to support you with online training and a variety of future courses. You will be welcome to stay and train with us at the Kung Fu Retreat when you want. Ideally we want you to succeed as a teacher, leader and role model and to expand our kung fu family. We will do what we reasonably can to support you with this.
Can I extend my stay beyond the course?
Yes. You will be welcome to continue Your training with us. The best way of going about this would be to take our ‘Internal Kung Fu, Qigong and Meditation internship’. Alternatively, you could simply book an extension to your stay in which case, we will continue to coach you as a teacher and arrange teaching practice for you.
What will I need to do to pass?
- Attend the lessons. A minimum attendance rate of 80% is required.
Conduct yourself in a fashion worthy of an instructor – i.e. with dignity and respect.
- Follow our code of conduct.
Make a reasonable effort with your training.
- Most people will pass. Displays of bad character, rudeness, aggression, disrespect, argument and similar may stand in the way of your receiving a teacher’s certificate. We expect anyone representing us as a teacher to lead by example with good character values.
If I do not pass first time can I take the course again?
If I did not pass because I missed part of the training can I take just that part again?
Yes, in which case you will only have to pay for that part of the course.
Does my teaching certificate need to be renewed every 2 years?
Yes. We are dedicated to maintaining a high standard amongst our teachers. Hence we require teachers to pursue their own training. We believe that if our teachers slack on their own training and let their standards drop it will bring the whole association and its teachers and students into disrepute.
What do I have to do to renew my teaching certificate?
- Complete at least 14 days training per two years (i.e. and average of 1 week / year) with a ‘master level’ teacher or:
- Complete a 1 week instructor’s refresher course.
Online renewal is coming soon and will avoid the need for you to attend in person.
Will I have to pay for my certificate renewal?
No. Training is charged as usual. Provided that you complete the training, certificate renewal is free of charge.
Can I split the course over two visits?
Yes. Although we don’t particularly recommend this. For people who can only take short breaks from work or other commitments it is possible to take this course in two parts – most likely of two weeks each. The certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
What resources will you supply?
You will be supplied with Master Iain’s book ‘Get Your Health Back Fast With Chinese Chi Kung’: digital copy after paying, hard copy on arrival.
You will be given access to a large volume of notes, videos and pictures stored online.
What support will you give me as a newly qualified teacher?
We will help with publicising your classes where we can, provide letters of endorsement, give you access to our logos, supply uniforms etc.
Sign up to our Newsletter for special courses, big discounts, resales, and early access offers on our most popular courses and events.
You'll also get a FREE download of Master Iain's book - Get Your Health Back FAST With Chinese Chi Kung!